RSS
Container Icon

Second Childhood - Spring 2013


When spring is in the air and that first warm sunny day activates the desire for fun our cycle of life shifts.  To break free of the wintertime blues we roll down the windows, let our hair blow free and just float on the moment! 

Some of us become more daring, trying new things, renewing our spirit of adventure.  

 It took 57 years, but it was worth the wait!

“Wear boots, jeans and a thick jacket” was the advice I was given, and I did.  I could hear him coming a mile away… well maybe not that far!  The Harley was beautiful… 2008 Ultra Classic.  The sun was warm as we started out slow.  With perfect confidence in the driver my heart rate increased with the speed.  Snow capped mountains in the distance, we passed through several rural neighborhoods. The smiles and waves along the way added to the fun!  But when we started to “fly” down the freeway I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the rush…  I could have ridden for miles and miles.  It was a whole new adventure and I was hooked!    Awesome, unforgettable memories… I can’t wait to ride again!

For years and years I took care of others, setting my desires on a shelf. But unforeseen events have allowed once impossible dreams to become reality.   Who knows what “new adventures” summer may bring…  Do I have a bucket list?  Heck no!!  Far too busy enjoying my second childhood…..

We never know when life will pitch us a curve ball.  So I challenge you to shake up your routine, dare to dream and make some treasured memories. It is definitely worth it!! 


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment